30 January 2010

SHE SAID, "AND I QUOTE"


"Too much good taste is boring." -D.V.

I was 6 years old when she was ruling the world. Diana Vreeland is on my mind like a fresh scent of Chanel No.5, a timeless memory stored inside my soul. WHAT OTHER FASHION EDITOR COULD COMPARE? I discovered a secret romance held within the pages of Vogue and on the covers of Harper's Bazaar, a love affair shared only with hearts of each reader. That smile and rich voice still permeates my thoughts like a billowing cloud of smoke in a coffee house. She gave me inspiration; she made me remember why it was cool to be a woman. Diana Vreeland was my champagne with a slice of chocolate cake please! Oh yes, she was the dance that I've been waiting for.

1 comment:

  1. I adore DV, truly one of my all-time inspirations. Her love of the color red is is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete